William J. Norwood
2616 Mutton Road
Seattle, WA 98101
|Merchandising professional with management experience in retail and wholesale environments. Proven ability to successfully manage sales and marketing, merchandising, product development, and inventory management.|
Goldman's, Seattle, WA
1993 - Present
|Senior Sales, Marketing, and Merchandising Manager|
responsible for a $15 million jewelry wholesale business. Provide all
jewelry merchandising for five chain department stores. Most contracts
exceed $1 million. |
• Regularly beat sales plan by 113%.
• Increased territory by 25%.
• Helped design new line of jewelry.
• Assisted grachic designers with logo design.
Ferndale Corp., Seattle, WA
1989 - 1993
|Director of Product Development and Merchandising|
responsible for developing new products and merchandising products
throughout region. Sold 10 product lines with annual sales in excess of
$10 million. |
• Assisted with design features of product line.
• Streamlined product offerings to assist with merchandising.
• Trained sales representatives to provide better service.
HJ Corporation, Seattle, WA
1984 - 1989
|Responsible for purchasing gold, silver, and platinum items to sell in store. Worked with managers and wholesale jewelers to improve contract prices. Reached 135% of sales plan.|
Hexagon, Inc., Seattle, WA
1981 - 1984
|Travelled throughout Europe to research new product lines.|
Seattle College, Seattle, WA
|Merchandising, Fashion Design, and Marketing Degree|