Pedro J. Washington
3506 Charack Road
Terre Haute, IN 47802
|Business executive with expertise in healthcare administration. Successful track record of administrating operations, strategic planning, and finance for healthcare organizations.|
|• Proven ability to align organization's mission and values with business objectives. |
• Adept at coordinating patient relations and clinical quality.
• Excellent communication skills with people at al levels of the organization.
Reddington Hospital, Terre Haute, IN
2000 - Present
|SYSTEM DIRECTOR, EMERGENCY SERVICES|
Designed policies and procedures for the, Emergency Department which were effective and compliant with legal regulations.|
• Improved profit in the Hospital's Urgent Care Facility by 200% in under a year through better staffing, inventorying, billing, and cost schedule.
• Worked with the Business Office to design a new patient billing systems and to measure compliance.
Bartley Medical Group, Terre Haute, IN
1998 - 2000
|Administrative Executive/ Director|
|• Created care delivery systems for the Walk-In and Urgent Care Clinic. Focused on quality care and operations improvement. |
• Cut costs for staffing and operations; created a professional fee schedule for emergency services.
• Led management team to improve registration, triage, and diagnostic services for the department.
• Directed the quality improvement plan necessary to receive ACS, JCAHO, and HCFA accreditation.
• Cultivated excellent relationships with the union groups and successfully led contract negotiations.
Donovan Healthcare, Inc., Indiapolis, IN
1995 - 1997
|Senior Vice President Operations and Professional Services|
|• Created a care delivery pland and operational procedures for the Hospital's Emergency Trauma Facility.|
• Managed relations between the clinical and medical staff to improve workflow during transition period.
• Improved consumer satisfaction surveys by 10% in first year.
Huntington Hospital, Indiapolis, IN
1989 - 1995
|Manager, Emergency Department|
Designed and implemented a 'fast track' program to expedite waiting
room time and quality of care for this inner city hospital Emergency
• Managed finances such that operational margin was increased 40% in first year and operations ran smoothly despite a 34% increase in emergency room visits during tenure.
• Maintained compliance with JCAHO, HCFA, and OSHA.
University of Indiana
|Masters, Health Care Administration|
|Bachelor of Arts, Business Administration|