Administrative Manager with 25 years experience designing
organizational strategies and implementations for ongoing improvements
and accurate business operations. Self-motivated employee who meets and
beats deadlines and requirements while juggling multiple tasks within
deadline environments. Respond quickly and appropriately to constant
changes; locate problems, make responsible decisions to affect positive
change set new priorities. Exceptional team player and leader for
special events and programs. Top-notch interpersonal communication
skills; quickly establish rapport with patients, physicians, and
administration. Key strengths include: |
VALLEY VIEW HOSPITAL, Detroit, MI
2000 - Present
|Executive Administrative Assistant|
|Provide administrative support to Hospital Executive, and 24 hospital staff members. Scope of
responsibility is constantly changing and includes patient communications, special
event planning, daily management, executive administration, HR responsibilities, and legal compliance. |
• Designed and maintain administrative programs to increase efficiency and accuracy and reduce redundancy.
• Lead regular office training to ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulations; extensive knowledge of HIPAA and HCFO guidelines.
• Performed and assisted with Human Resource functions such as recruiting, interviewing and hiring. Provide ongoing training to build work teams that consistently exceeded goals.
• Implemented award programs to motivate outstanding work performance, which delivered 10% decrease in errors.
• Planned and managed a wide range of administrative duties such as travel arrangements, scheduling, business correspondence and planning for functions and meetings.
• Designed and used new database system for enabling department to track areas of expertise and work history of certain licensed employees. Streamlined process of submitting documentation to become certified within network.
• Trained over 34 staff members regarding equipment operations and various office duties processes; led team members to optimal productivity.
• Organized all charitable functions, special events, and on-going employee activities such as parties and picnics. Managed yearly budget of $16000 and events for 350 employees and 26 doctors; consistently stayed under budget and saved $2000-$5000 annually.
• Served as back-up HR Director utilized by employees to handle and defuse problem situations.
HARMON, LLC Detroit, MI
1999 - 2000
|Provided assistance to customers regarding accounts payable; established operational policies and procedures necessary for smooth daily operations; developed motivational incentives and awards for employees which enhanced office efficiency.|
PT SUPPLY, Detroit, MI
|Directly reported to Vice President of Finance; managed projects and progress, prepared job estimates, reports, materials, and updated files; designed new forms providing greater accuracy, clearing 5-month backlog within 2 weeks; responsible for new software installation; developed key database program for important $1.5 million project, streamlining procurement, enhancing efficiency, and ultimately saving costs.|
ENDI MEDICAL CONSULTING, Detroit, MI
1995 - 1999
|Responsible for data entry, report updates, research, and all correspondence; collaborated with Project Manager during meetings to generate new ideas that would facilitate statewide immunization project.|
SOOJIAN SUPPLY, Eau Claire, WI
1987 - 1995
|Accounting Clerk/ Supervisor|
|Designed and implemented new procedures to reduce claims; exceeded goals by 25%; awarded company 'Excellence Training Program' within top 2%.|
|Education & Professional Development|
University of Pheonix
|A.A.S., Business Technology Administration|
courses sponsored by Valley View Hospital include: |
• Access Training
• Public Speaking
• Employee Discipline
• Workmen's Compensation Verification
• FLSA, FMLA & EEOC documentation
• Advanced Training for Administrative Assistants
• Coaching & Teambuilding Skills
• Human Resources
• Employee Orientations & Meetings
• State & Federal Regulations
• Computer Software Applications
|Access, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Transcription|
|Member, Women Hospital Administrators|
Member, Business Professionals of America
Volunteer, Habitat for Humanity
Volunteer, United Way