2573 Golden Ridge Road, Schenectady, New York 12305 / Tel# (518) 388-3014 Email: email@example.com
Professional accountant with over 25 years of Finance and Accounting expertise. Expert at preparing financial documentation, monitoring daily cash flow, and development of annual reports. Demonstrated ability to record all financial activity for small and large businesses. Recruited and mentored an award-winning team of finance professionals. Bachelors degree in Accounting with an extensive background in accounting and financial methods and practices.
§ Problem Solving – Analyzed fiscal accounting procedures; identified areas of improvements which when implemented directly contributed to the growth and financial health of the company.
§ Management Experience – Able to motivate, train, and supervise teams to personal and group excellence.
§ Verbal and Written Communications – Skilled in presenting financial information to management executives.
§ Self-Directed Professional – Excelled as the only financial professional for a variety of businesses. Maintained fiscal accuracy and growth.
§ Computer Proficiency – Access, Excel, Quicken, Quickbooks, and all other Office programs.
bergamanor securities, Schenectady, NY
1990 - Present
Led Department of Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable. Trained new hires to develop and improve customer service skills. Maintained and improved ethical accounting practices.
· Developed and tracked company's comprehensive annual budget; provided company with accurate and timely monthly reports to reduce and eliminate budget overruns.
· Managed staff of 15 in Accounts Receivable and Billing, implement training to ensure professional and consistent quality; implemented program to address employee concerns. Program led to a reduction in staff turnover by 15%.
· Supervised staff in Accounts Payable to improve cost savings related to issuing payments, savings generated a 14% increase in discounts earned.
· Analyzed and presented fiscal health of financial accounts to management and executives.
First american, Inc., rochester, ny
1985 - 1990
Aided Manager of Accounting in all daily reporting; this included payroll, receipts of cash, billing, disbursements, expense reimbursements, and customer deposits. Developed a program to improve fiscal management.
· Designed, implemented and supervised automation of payroll - resulted in 20% cost reduction and a 15% error reduction.
· Improved system for preparing deposits and reconciliations, reducing the delay in depositing by 10% and improving interest earnings.
· Conducted analysis of fixed assets to identify opportunities to strengthen assets. Analysis resulted in $20 million in increased fixed asset acquisition.
Bank of NYC, NYC, NY
1980 - 1985
Developed bank's strategy to market loans to highly-qualified clients. Managed ten loan officers with a combined portfolio of $100M. Maintained credit accounts for portfolio of over $50M.
· Prepared quarterly loan reports and an Excel database to track delinquent accounts and study payment trends.
· Prepared loan presentations to increase efficiency of marketing and to seek only qualified clients.
· Increased efficiency of loan screening and application analysis by 35%.
· Managed the effort to create and distribute portfolio reports to reduce delay by 50%.
Bank of NYC, New York, NY
1975 - 1980
Maintained proper balances in tell and safe, accepted cash and check deposits, issued corporate checks, traveler checks and money orders, and initiated fund transfers. Expert at BICS, Boss/Fast, IONA and Merlin Platform.
· Became expert at bank's procedures and products to such a high degree that promotion was awarded after six months. Reduced overtime of Bank Manager because of efficiency procedures implemented.
· Implemented program to improve credit and loan application analysis and increase client satisfaction.
· Recruited and trained new employees to ensure prompt, ethical, and professional service.
Bachelors Degree in Accounting, 1980
Columbia University, NY
AWARDS AND MEMBERSHIPS
· Chairman, New York Board of Certified Public Accountants
· Elected to the Loan Officer Think Tank